Thursday, March 7, 2013

Photo Essay: The Ride-Share






Inspired by the documentary, Craigslist Joe; I found the Craiglist ride-share to be an interesting one, my first attempt, and well, better than hopping a Greyhound bus, which I had hoped would be a cheap-last resort. A Father–Daughter pair were taking the weekend off, going to see a cousin in San Diego, just where I needed to go. After a ‘get-to-know-you’ sesh at a Gilbert Starbucks in the Arizona Desert, we agreed to travel together to SoCal. Jetta V-W packed up, CDs ready and plenty of dolls piled in the back seat; it wasn’t going to be a boring ride. I figured, a couple of new friends, a little conversation and teasing the kid would be perfect for my ride to the Ocean.  And of course, when an 8-year old girl wants to blast Taylor Swift, you smile and nod, turn it up and sing all the catchy words right along with her. The 5-hour cruise, a couple of pit stops for pictures, McD’s Mango Smoothies and the occasional bathroom break made the ride worth its weight and gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment