Thursday, May 30, 2013

Photo Montage: Faces of Levinsky Park



Caption: The men I met in Levinsky Park were men who had nowhere else to go. They sleep on the playground, they build support around each other and at the end of the day, they find reasons to smile. Luckily, they were willing to smile for me - they wanted to make certain I didn't forget. I never will. My afternoons in Levinsky were often filled with stories of men who's lives had been shattered, some had come from places where they were teachers, managers, business owners or engineers. But they told  me, where else could they go? Now they survive. They were kind and told me that I was one of so few that would stop and talk to them. I prayer for their continued safety

View the rest of the Photo-Gallery,* Living in Levinsky Park, at: http://www.dw.de/top-stories/world/s-1429

Article can be read at the following link about one man's survival from a Sinai Torture Camp.

(Full Article to Come).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my stars! Unbelievable what suffering these people have been through. Loved your heartfelt article on Deutsche Welle, made me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete